Home | + Town Hall | CAO/Clerk's Office
CAO/Clerk's Office PDF Print

Municipal Office


The Town of Petawawa Municipal Office, located at 1111 Victoria Street, Petawawa, offers a variety of services to the residents of Petawawa. Town staff strive to provide timely information and excellent customer service to the public.

Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, closed on all Statutory Holidays

Services of the Clerk's Department:

- Marriage Licences
- Lottery Licensing
- Commissioner of Oaths

Marriage Licences

General Provisions:
To be married in Ontario, you must fill out a marriage licence application form.  At least one party to the proposed marriage must apply in person; however, the application must be signed by both applicants.  Please be prepared to provide two (2) pieces of identification for both parties.  The following pieces of identification are acceptable:

  • A valid birth certificate (including change of name certificates); or
  • A valid passport; or
  • A record of immigrant landing; or
  • A Canadian citizenship card.

In addition to the above documents, a second piece of identification in the form of government issued photo identification must also be presented for both parties of the intended marriage.  This may either be:

  • A valid driver's licence; or
  • A valid passport; or
  • A BYID age of majority card; or
  • A Military ID.

A marriage licence is valid for use anywhere in Ontario.
The licence expires three months after the date of issue.
The fee for a marriage licence is $100.00 and is payable upon submission of the marriage licence application form.  Payment may be made by cash, debit, or cheque. 
Marriage licence fees are non-refundable.
There are no requirements respecting residency, pre-marital tests or medical certificates.

icon Requirements for Marriage Licence (101.84 KB)
icon Marriage Licence Application Form (356.20 KB)
icon Before You Get Married....Service Ontario Publication (98.51 KB)

Lottery Licensing

Muncipalities have licensing authority for the following activities:

  • Bingo events (including media bingo)
  • Break open tickets
  • Raffle lotteries
  • Bazaar lotteries

To be eligible for lottery licences, you must be a charitable organization that provides programs for at least one of the following:

  • The relief of poverty
  • The advancement of education
  • The advancement of religion
  • Other charitable purposes beneficial to the community

The following prerequisites are mandatory to be considered eligible for a lottery licence:

  • The organization must have been in existence for at least one year
  • The organization must have a place of business in Ontario, demonstrate that it is established to provide charitable services in Ontario and use proceeds for objects or purposes which benefit Ontario residents

Application forms and terms of condition for each lottery type can be found on the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario website.  For more information visit the Town Office or call 613-687-5536.

icon Quick Guide to Lottery Licence Applications (215.94 KB)
icon Town of Petawawa Questionnaire Form (130.63 KB) 
icon Bingo Lottery Guide (251.45 KB) **Revised February 15, 2013
icon Bingo Lottery Terms and Conditions (175.44 KB) 
icon Bingo Lottery Licence Application Form (142.76 KB) 
icon Bingo Lottery Licence Report Form (105.27 KB) 
icon Break Open Ticket Lottery Guide (241.17 KB) **Revised February 15, 2013
icon Break Open Ticket Lottery Terms and Conditions (151.96 KB)   
icon Break Open Ticket Lottery Licence Application Form (216.16 KB) 
icon Break Open Ticket Lottery Licence Report Form (374.11 KB) 
icon Raffle Lottery Guide (171.56 KB) **Revised February 15, 2013
icon Raffle Lottery Terms and Conditions (145.18 KB) 
icon Raffle Lottery Licence Application Form (79.01 KB) 
icon Raffle Lottery Licence Report Form (31.99 KB) 

Commissioner of Oaths

  • A Commissioner of Oaths is a person authorized to take your oath or solemn affirmation when you sign an affidavit or a statutory declaration
  • A Commissioner does not certify that the statements being made in the affidavit or statutory declaration are true, but only certifies that an oath or solemn affirmation has been administered properly
  • Every oath and declaration shall be taken by the deponent in the presence of the commissioner, notary public, justice of the peace or other officer or person administering the oath or declaration who shall satisfy himself or herself of the genuineness of the signature of the deponent or declarant and shall administer the oath or declaration in the manner required by law before signing the jurat or declaration (Commissioner of Oaths Act, R.S.O. 1990 c. C. 17, s. 9)
  • There is no fee for this service

If you require commissioning services please visit the Town Office or call 613-687-5536.

For more information on these services please contact:

Daniel Scissons.,CAO/Clerk - Email Daniel
Dawn Recoskie, Deputy Clerk - Email Dawn

1111 Victoria Street
Petawawa ON K8H 2E6
Phone: 613-687-5536
Fax: 613-687-5973


November 2015
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 1 2 3 4 5
Copyright © 2015 Municipality of Petawawa
All Rights Reserved
Web development by kWEBdesign